1. Submit an application thoroughly and truthfully. You must be 21+ years old.
2. Call your vet to release records for us to obtain a reference. We verify proof of spay/neuter and current Rabies and DHPP vaccinations for any pet you've owned in the last 5 years.
3. Email email@example.com with current photos of your home's inside living space as well as front and back yards. We may request a home visit at our discretion.
4. After Step 3 you should be approved to adopt and the foster will call you to set up a meet & greet with you and any current pets.
5. Sign the contract to officially adopt your new family member and love them furever!
You can help our furry friends if you are buying or selling a house. Go to www.ownny.com/oar and fill out the provided sheet. Own NY Real Estate will make a donation to our rescue.
Open Arms Rescue of WNY is a small, grass roots type of rescue group. We are comprised of all volunteer, non-paid members who have all been involved in rescue for years. These members include a professional dog trainer, business owners, and loving foster families, all who share a common goal which is simply to save dogs and pups from either locally unwanted situations, or from dog pounds and shelters to place them into loving forever homes. We are a non-profit organization funded solely on donations and fundraising, and we have Federal 501c3 status. OARWNY is a 100% pro spay/neuter rescue.
did you know?
OAR rescued, fostered and placed over 400 dogs into loving homes in 2015 alone and we want to help even more in 2017 We will not stop. Will you help? Become a foster, volunteer or sponsor! Email firstname.lastname@example.org