1. Submit an application! Please read carefully. If there is missing information on your application, we will not proceed with the review.
2. After your application is submitted, call your vet to release records for us to obtain a reference. We will verify proof of spay/neuter and that your pet has been kept up to date with a minimum requirement of Rabies and DHPP vaccinations for any pet you've owned in the last 5 years.
3. After your application is submitted, email firstname.lastname@example.org with current photos of your home's inside living space AND front and back yards for us to have on file with your application. A volunteer will verify your home is ready for a new pet at the home visit/meet & greet.
4. When you receive an email that you are approved to adopt, you will be contacted by the foster to set up a meet & greet with you and all current pets/family members in the household.
5. Sign the contract to officially adopt your new family member and love them furever! Keep in touch and send us updates!
About our rescue.
Open Arms Rescue of WNY is a small, grass roots type of rescue group centralized in Akron, NY. We do not have a shelter, instead we are completely foster-based to give our rescues the best chance at rehabilitation by learning to live in a home atmosphere. Our core group is comprised of all volunteer, non-paid members who have years of animal and rescue experience. Our volunteers include a certified dog trainer, local business owners, community members and loving foster families who all share a common goal. Our mission is to rescue dogs of all breeds and ages from either local surrender situations or shelters to place them into loving forever homes. We are a 100% pro spay/neuter rescue.
OARWNY is a non-profit public charity - with federal 501c3 status and tax exempt status 509a2 - funded solely on donations and fundraising.
Open Arms Rescue of WNY Inc. Mail Only: P.O. Box 133 Akron, NY 14001 Email: email@example.com EIN #: 45-2480978 501c3/509a2
did you know?
OARWNY rescued, fostered and placed over 400 dogs into loving homes in 2018 alone and we want to help even more in 2019. We will not stop. Will you help? Become a foster, volunteer or sponsor! Email firstname.lastname@example.org